Windscope is a pioneering green-tech company that builds AI-powered software to optimise the performance and management of commercial wind turbines. Our mission is to support the proliferation of cost-effective and reliable wind power across the globe.
Our first SaaS product, Windscope is a high-fidelity turbine health monitoring platform that enables wind farm owners/operators to better plan and manage operation and maintenance activity to drive down cost, increase output and increase workforce safety.
Windscope uses existing SCADA data to determine sub-system health without the need for additional hardware. Windscope is currently undergoing Beta trials with several commercial partners. We are looking to build on the learning from the beta period to fully commercialise Windscope by summer 2023 and grow it globally over the coming years. Windscope is currently completing the latter stages of the investment process to support this objective.
Windscope comprises a team of engineers and data scientists with a background in the clean-energy sector. The team have previously successfully established and grown the industrial AI company, Ada Mode. We are looking to build the Windscope team to support roll-out and scaling of the commercial product throughout the second half of 2023. Windscope actively support Diversity and Inclusion in the hiring process.
We are looking for a back-end developer to support the continuous development of Windscope – taking it from a beta product to a fully commercial product throughout 2023.
- Contribute to the development of Windscope, with initial focus on developing it to a commercially ready product by summer 2023
- Produce Windscope design specifications relating to data, API and cloud services
- Create and deploy associated web applications at scale in an optimised fashion
- Design and improve development and deployment practices including the maintenance of cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- Understand client data systems and develop technical product specifications
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines for various applications
- Integrate various first and third party data sources into coherent and scalable databases
- Maintain and optimise our cloud architectures in terms of reliability, security, and efficiency
Experience and Skills:
BSc and ideally an MSc/MEng or PhD in relevant field such computer science, engineering or data science.
- Demonstrable experience in the design and development of web applications from the backend
- Strong programming skills in Python with knowledge of some common web development platforms such as Flask or FastAPI
- Significant cloud computing experience (preferably AWS) for web app development covering some of compute, storage, app development and DevOps functionality.
- CI/CD techniques such as GitHub actions and development of staging environments
- Cloud architecture design and budgeting
- Software development best practices including agile development, version control, sprint planning
- API development and design
- System architecture design
- Some experience or awareness of data driven software development considerations such as database management, scheduling or ETL/ELT pipeline development
- Creative problem-solving skills
Our Tech Stack
- Data Science: Python: Tensorflow/ Keras/ Scikit-learn
- Backend: Python – Fast API
- Cloud Provider: AWS
- Data Engineering: SQL with Snowflake, AWS S3,AWS Lambda
- Front End: Vue
- Extras: Docker, Git, GitHub Actions, various AWS services, VS Code
We are open to hearing from candidates with experience in alternative tech stacks.
Extra skills/experience we would like to hear about:
- Data science product development
- Applications of your work in an industrial setting, ideally in renewables.
- Working in a start-up
- Any front end experience.
- £45k - £55k DoE
- 25 days leave +Christmas Break
- Flexible working arrangements
- Influential role within a vibrant start-up
For more details, please visit www.windscope.com
To apply for this role or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.
To apply for this role, click on the button below and provide your CV and cover letter.Apply for this role
Alternatively, for more information, please email email@example.com